This free course considers the reasons why we may struggle to say ‘no’, to give our true opinions or to receive criticism. It offers ideas and practice on interacting with others in an assertive way.
Topics covered include:
- Learn about different communication styles
- Understand how to turn aggression into assertiveness
- Learn simple assertiveness techniques to use in everyday life
- Improve communication in your relationships
- Practice asking for what you want
- Learn how to say ‘no’
The course is run in a group format and will be a mixture of taught input, discussion and practice in small groups, but people can participate as much or as little as they choose to.
Please note that while we provide teas and coffees, we recommend bringing your own lunch.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are registered with a GP in the Swindon area. If you have any queries about this, please contact the LIFT Psychology Swindon main office on 01793 836836.
Upcoming Events › Developing Assertiveness
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Developing Assertiveness. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.