Healthy Mind (16-19 year olds)
This free course introduces Cognitive Behavioural Theory (CBT) and is aimed specifically at 16 – 19 year olds. It will teach skills that can be used to help reduce difficult emotions such as anxiety, depression and anger.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding anxiety and general stress (including exam stress)
- Techniques for managing difficult thoughts
- Managing the expectations we set ourselves and others
- Managing anger and techniques for communicating assertively
- Introduction to self-esteem
- Helpful ways to put techniques into practice
This is a taught course, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are registered with a GP in the Swindon area. If you have any queries about this, please contact the LIFT Psychology Swindon main office on 01793 836836.