Overcoming Panic, Anxiety and Worry
January 7, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This course will run for four weekly sessions, held on a Monday afternoon between 2pm and 4pm, starting Monday 7th January.
If you wish to book this course please phone 01793 836836
This free course is aimed at people experiencing problems with anxiety in any form, including generalised anxiety, phobias, excessive worry and / or panic attacks.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding how and why anxiety problems develop and are maintained
- The meaning and causes of the physical symptoms of anxiety and how to cope with them using a range of relaxation and mindfulness techniques
- How our thoughts and beliefs can sometimes contribute to anxiety problems and how to reduce their impact
- How to turn unproductive worry into helpful problem-solving
- How to develop your own plan for overcoming anxiety in a step-by-step manner
This is a taught course, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are registered with a GP in the Swindon area. If you have any queries about this, please contact the LIFT Psychology Swindon main office on 01793 836836.