Overcoming Panic, Anxiety and Worry – Virtual Course
November 2, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
This course will run for three weekly sessions, held on a Tuesday afternoon between 1pm and 2.30pm, starting Tuesday 2nd November, via video link. Please note our booking form is not working at present, please call us on 01793 836836 to book a space on the course.
This free course is aimed at people experiencing problems with anxiety in any form, including generalised anxiety, phobias, excessive worry and / or panic attacks.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding how and why anxiety problems develop and are maintained
- The meaning and causes of the physical symptoms of anxiety and how to cope with them using a range of relaxation and mindfulness techniques
- How our thoughts and beliefs can sometimes contribute to anxiety problems and how to reduce their impact
- How to turn unproductive worry into helpful problem-solving
- How to develop your own plan for overcoming anxiety in a step-by-step manner
This is a taught course, run in a group format, via video link, so although there will be some group discussion it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part.
Important information: This course will be run via Microsoft Teams. You will not need to download or pay for this. The link will be sent to you prior to the course, where you can enter as a guest. Clear instructions will be sent to you in advance. You will need to provide an e-mail address and have internet access with a microphone and be in a private space.
Please call us on 01793 836836 to book a space.
Please note no recordings of the course can take place and this course is only available for people who are registered with a GP in the Swindon area. If you have any queries about this, please contact the LIFT Psychology Swindon main office on 01793 836836.